In collaboration with Alexandra Coutlée, École branchée Educational Services Coordinator
It's back to school and you have a thousand and one things on your mind. To help you out, we've taken a look at what's new from the major manufacturers of digital tools and platforms that you may be using at school. In this series, we will present you with changes and improvements that should catch your attention.
Here are some new features found in different applications used in the school environment.
Note that the announced new features may not be rolled out to all users at the same time.
Flip (formerly Flipgrid)
First, Flipgrid changed its name to Flip.
The video creation tool presents some new features:
- Adding templates to create groups
- An improved news feed
- An improved search engine
- Several new features in the camera on mobile devices and on the web
- In-camera editing tools on the web
- New sound and music effects
- New video backgrounds
- Available in Spanish... and soon in many other languages!
- The addition of Edpuzzle Originals (educational video activities)
- The available in Flip
- Possible integration with Moodle
- A module for Google Classroom (Teaching and Learning and Education versions)
On the side of WakeletThe following new features can be noted:
- Drawing option available on the mobile application
- Access to Canva directly from the application
- Mote (an extension that allows you to add voice notes) now integrates directly into Wakelet
- Possible integration with Miro
The graphic creation tool Canva was increased by :
- Remote control function in presentation mode: to use with a second device or to give control of our presentation to a colleague
- Possible integration with Wakelet
- A new collaborative whiteboard, featuring a ton of templates and even a timer for team time management
Our La Digitale's tools update log lists the following new features:
- Digiflashcards to create memo cards
- Digicut to cut audio or video clips directly in a web browser
- Digitranscode to convert audio and video files
- Our fashion designer
- The possibility to download a presentation in video format (paid version)
- A module for Google Classroom (paid version of Google)
Discover the other articles in this series:
Have you noticed other new features in these tools or other applications that you use regularly with your students? Let us know by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org