For three years, Myra Auvergnat Ringuette, teacher at the Externat St-Jean-Berchmans (primary), has been using the Seesaw communication tool which, according to her, creates a stronger bond between the class and the family. She also believes that Seesaw allows students to engage more in their learning.
Online portfolio, messaging, class blog, digital workbook, multiple qualifiers can be used to describe Seesaw. For Myra, it is a platform that allows us to keep track of students' learning and maintain constant contact with the family. It also presents training workshops, particularly within the framework of Créacamps, to help teachers discover this tool which is aimed at elementary school students, from kindergarten. Myra mentions that it is an intuitive tool, because the students usually get to grips with it quickly.
The possibilities of Seesaw
- Document learning in real time.
- Encourage the development of digital skills in a concrete way.
- Maximize educational differentiation.
- Diversify production tasks (recording, drawing, photo, text, etc.).
- Provide “USB” feedback (useful, specific and benevolent).
- Submit activities to complete
- Build and organize productions by file and by student
- Communicate in real time with parents
- Consult and adapt the activities of the user sharing bank
Myra maintains that quick and easy communication with parents remains one of Seesaw's main advantages. “For some, it completely changed the way they saw school and what happens in the classroom. They practically see their child's progress live as they document their learning. This makes it possible to put the positive forward, to engage in more concrete parent / child discussions about the school and, above all, to empower the student. Student engagement is the key to success! ".
- Tutorials on Geneviève Hamelin's Savoir for Real channel
- Educational uses of Seesaw (Facebook group)
- The next CréaCamps of the École Branchée
Carrefour education also offers a plug Seesaw containing tutorials and additional educational tracks.
Dimension (s) of digital competence related to this article
6- Communicate using digital technology
To see the Framework.