It's the return of our collaborator Marc-André Girard, high school principal and newly minted doctor of education, who is back in full force after the short academic break he took to complete his PhD. 🙌 His most recent project: a podcast called "De la nuance en éducation". It highlights the importance of taking a step back to fully grasp current issues in education in all their complexity.
Presented by École branchée, the podcast is available on your favorite platform. Over the next few months, Marc-André will discuss different topics from various angles to allow listeners to reflect with him. It's a bi-monthly appointment!
Here is episode 00, which presents the concept in more detail.
Episode 1: Education, instruction and pedagogy
Our first episode addresses a subject that we all know, without necessarily mastering it well: what are Education and Pedagogy? Marc-André offers a moment of reflection to allow you to reconnect your practice and your actions with the essential foundations of this centuries-old culture.
And the rest?
Here are also the themes that will be covered in future episodes (but not necessarily in this order!):
- What is education?
- 21st Century Skills
- Developing critical thinking skills in youth
- Building trust in schools among staff members
- A new vision of school leadership
- Digital or techno-pedagogical?
- Digital education: a lever or a brake on learning?
- Knowledge, skills and know-how
- Develop tolerance for ambiguity in students and school staff
- Rethinking evaluation
- Comparing teaching and medicine?
- Megadata or minidata?
- The perception of time and the urgency of daily school life
- Screen time