Press Release - Quebec-based developer Ululab, creator of the multi-platform Slice Fractions series, announces that its latest title, Math Makers, will be available for free to Quebec elementary school teachers and their students.
The app allows children to learn math in an engaging and fun way, turning their screen time into a personal development tool.
The app is currently available on Android (phone, tablet, Chromebook) and iOS (iPhone, iPad) in 16 languages, including French. Math Makers introduces children to the most difficult aspects of math, which too often keep students away from it for good. Position value, comparison and fractions take on a whole new flavor with Math Makers.
Backed by academic studies and validated by experienced educators, Math Makers focuses on learning content, directly inspired by math curriculum.
Main features of Math Makers:
- Develops children's intuition and understanding of basic mathematical concepts first, addressing the most common problems they face in kindergarten through fifth grade.
- Designed with the help of university researchers, by developers with advanced pedagogical training.
- Free of charge for schools, teachers, educational consultants, remedial teachers, and other educational institutions.
Two independent studies conducted by UQAM and Artvin Çoruh University, have shown that Math Makers:
- increases students' understanding of fractions,
- improves their sense of self-efficacy,
- is just as effective in a distance learning setting.
To access the free mode for schools, register directly on our website for teachersor download the application (links ios and Android), and select "Schools" in the upper left corner of the registration screen.