From our first meetings with the eduLAB team, the educational branch of the Technofutur ICT Competence Center in Belgium, we realized how much our visions coincided. We therefore worked to make a project that was dear to us a reality, that is to say to jointly organize and experience a CréaCamp training in person. It was on January 25th, on the old continent, that we experienced this great first.
Part of our team had the opportunity to go on an educational mission to Belgium at the end of January 2023, in the heart of Wallonia (the French-speaking region), to develop links with various educational stakeholders, including the eduLAB. On this occasion, some articles will allow us to share with our readers memories of key moments.
January 25th was the highlight of our team's stay in Belgium and was dedicated to the first ever CréaCamp outside of Canada! We welcomed no less than 70 teachers, educational consultants and other people involved in education.
The five workshops offered for participants' choice were:
- Differentiating with digital technology (with Jessica Dejas, eduLAB, and Anne-Cecile Housiau, UMONS)
- Creating video clips (with Pauline Marchal and Pascal Vangrunderbeeck from UMONS)
- Evaluating with digital technology (with Jocelyn Dagenais, collaborator at École branchée, and Jonathan Ponsard, from the eduLAB)
- 1:1 : Leading a project and hybridizing practices (with Habiba Dyani, from Microsoft Education, and Julien François, Apple Distinguished Educator)
- Artificial intelligence transforming education! (with Laurent Di Pasquale, from eduLAB, and Audrey Miller, from École branchée)
Numerous resources on each of the themes were shared throughout the event and can be found grouped together on the Padlet wall here. Note particularly the many resources and creations shared on the theme of evaluation as well as on top artificial intelligence.
This day made it possible to fulfill a dear wish of the École branchée and eduLAB teams, that is to say, to co-facilitate face-to-face training sessions after having experienced many remote sessions during the pandemic. The goal was also to exchange expertise in order to enrich our training and support practices on both sides. We can say that it is mission accomplished, and all hope to be able to repeat the experience soon in order to continue the co-development!
* * *
Some of the favourites nominated by the participants
At each CréaCamp event, in collaboration with Antidote, participants are invited to identify a "Coup de coeur". Here are some of the mentions collected:
- The atmosphere and the Digipad space (collaborative wall).
- The ideas of the participants!
- Beautiful exchanges and test with a concrete application in the tool Moiki - Creation of a story.
- Relaxing ChatGPT.
- The format of the training and the interactivity during the workshop.
- The realization of an outline of a pedagogical scenario in hybridization.
- Sharing of tools and ideas for their use to achieve educational objectives.
- How to create an educational scenario in 1:1.
- The concrete applications such as Auto Draw, Tome.ai, Dall-e and the dynamism of the two trainers!
Note that in each edition, the facilitators and the dynamism of the École branchée team are mentioned among the favorites. This edition is no exception! Thank you for your support!
- "Artificial Intelligence - Laurent and Audrey 🥳😘"
- "Julien François' facilitation and professional sharing."
- "The representatives of École branchée, their drive and generosity."
* * *
Psst! A journalist from the Belgian media Dernière Heure is even came to cover the event!
This mission was made possible thanks to the collaboration of the Ministère des Relations internationales et de la Francophonie du Québec within the framework of the 12th call for projects Quebec - Wallonia-Brussels.
Facilitators finalized their preparation before the participants arrived. The majority were facilitating a workshop together for the first time.
Minds at work and in collaboration!
A big thank you to our eduLAB colleagues for co-organizing this great day!
On the picture: Stéphanie Dionne, Jonathan Ponsard, Audrey Miller, Jocelyn Dagenais, Laurent Di Pasquale