LOJIQ - Les Offices jeunesse internationales du Québec - wishes to support an intern who will act as program coordinator at the Mahatma Gandhi Institute for Peace and Sustainable Development through Education (UNESCO) in New Delhi , in India, from September 23 to December 13, 2019.
In 2009, the General Conference of UNESCO decided to establish an Institute for Peace and Sustainable Development through Education in a vast and rapidly growing region: Asia-Pacific. In 2012, the Director-General of UNESCO, Irina Bokova, and the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee, officially inaugurated the Mahatma Gandhi Institute. Specialized department of UNESCO, the organization is dedicated to peace and sustainable development through education by promoting global citizenship.
For more information: http://mgiep.unesco.org/
Description of tasks
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Program Coordinator will work on the implementation of activities in connection with the YESPeace network, which aspires to empower young people to build a sustainable and peaceful future, and will contribute to the organization of the TECH conference (Transforming Education Conference, for Humanity 2019), on building 21st century skills through the use of digital pedagogies.
As part of the YESPeace network, the intern's mandate will be to:
- Coordinate the activities of the network with the various partners;
- Support the organization of dialogues between young people on the themes of peace, sustainable development and global citizenship;
- Provide logistical support to the YESPeace campaign on promoting acts of kindness;
- Maintain a database of campaign partner organizations;
- Promote the inspiring stories collected from the Global Acts of Kindness campaign;
- Write articles on the theme of the Acts of Kindness campaign.
As part of the TECH conference, the intern's mandate will consist of:
- Facilitate the call for proposals process and answer questions arising from it;
- Organize a TECH 2019 panel by working with experts, subject specialists, logistics and communication teams.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Be between 18 and 35 years old;
- Be a Canadian citizen or hold permanent resident status;
- Hold a valid Quebec health insurance card (RAMQ);
- Have lived in Quebec for at least one year;
- Have completed their studies and be unemployed or underemployed (hold a part-time job in a field unrelated to their training);
- Self-employed workers are also eligible.
Please note that students are not eligible.
If your application is accepted, in order to benefit from LOJIQ's support, you must be a member of the LOJIQ Foundation. The annual membership of 25 $ allows you to support LOJIQ's actions with young Quebecers engaged in an international mobility process, and gives you advantages negotiated with partners.
- Have recently obtained a graduate degree in education, sociology, communication, international relations or any other related field;
- Have a very good capacity for communication, writing, analysis and synthesis;
- Excellent organizational skills, being comfortable in intercultural relations and having a good team spirit;
- Be able to easily adapt to a new work environment;
- Have a very good spoken, written and editorial level in French and English;
- Have knowledge in the development of educational projects and in educational technology (IT);
- Master the use of office software (Microsoft Office);
- Knowledge of another official UNESCO language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish) is an asset;
- Possessing skills in graphic design and communication tools is a major asset.
Other mandatory conditions (to be done once the application has been selected):
- Obtain the appropriate Indian visa for the duration of the stay.
After acceptance of his application, the participant will receive from LOJIQ:
- Reimbursement of 65 % of the cost of international transport up to a maximum amount of 1250 $;
- Liability insurance coverage and conditional and partial financial support for obtaining “travel insurance / emergency medical care” for the duration of the project abroad;
- A lump sum for transportation to Quebec for participants from certain remote regions (certain conditions apply);
- A per diem of 350 $ per week for 12 weeks.
Other conditions of participation:
- Accommodation costs, as well as all other inherent costs (passport, visa, vaccines, airport taxes, baggage fees, etc.) are the responsibility of the trainee;
- The trainee must have a passport valid at least 6 months after the expected return date, or undertake to take the necessary steps to fulfill this condition before departure;
- The trainee agrees to travel without an accompanying person.
Confidentiality: All unpublished information obtained during the internship is confidential and cannot be published in a report or any other document based on this information.
Your application must include
- Your updated curriculum vitae;
- A letter outlining your employment situation, your experiences, your motivations and objectives in connection with this internship as well as the benefits and consequences that you think you will derive from this experience.
To submit your application, you must
Deadline to submit your application
Monday June 3, 2019 at 5 p.m.