Press release - The Office québécois de la langue française is launching the Share your French campaign, which invites young people aged 13 to 17 to use French on social networks and to show their pride in writing and discussing in this language on web platforms.
A video, produced with the author, host and actress Rosalie Bonenfant, will encourage Internet users to be imaginative in French on social networks. Young people will also be able to garnish their publications with virtual stickers created for the campaign. Rosalie Bonenfant will also play the game and promote French on her Instagram page.
Secondary school teachers will be able to do five fun educational workshops with their class prepared by the Office. Prizes will be awarded following a random draw among participating teachers.
To do the various workshops and consult the campaign promotional material, visit the www.quebec.ca/partagetonfrancais.
- Resulting from an investment of 200,000 $, the Share your French campaign will be held over the next four weeks, from November 3 to 30, 2021.
- An abridged version (15 seconds) of the video produced with author, host and actress Rosalie Bonenfant will be broadcast exclusively on Instagram throughout the campaign.
- Five posters promoting the sharing of content in French on Web platforms can be proudly displayed in Quebec high schools. They present themes dear to young people: creation, sport, love, travel and humor. Teachers can download or order them.
- Young people will be able to include virtual campaign stickers in their news and Instagram posts. Accessible on the Giphy platform, these stickers are variations of the slogan Share your french and take up the messages of the posters: Share your love, Share your achievement, Share your humor, Share your work and Share your getaway.
- Resources are available to teachers to help them run educational workshops, including infographics dealing with vocabulary related to different areas of interest to young people, such as sports, fashion, social networks and video games.
- At the end of the campaign, the Office québécois de la langue française will draw among the teachers who participated in the educational workshops a gift card of 200 $ from the Hamster office supply store and four gift cards of 100 $ each from the Renaud-Bray bookstore. To find out how to participate, consult the online rules.
- The Office québécois de la langue française ensures that French is the normal and usual language of work, communications, commerce, business and administration. It enriches terminology and offers linguistic tools and services. It also ensures compliance with the Charter of the French language and monitors the evolution of the linguistic situation in Quebec.
- Campaign website and promotional tools: www.quebec.ca/partagetonfrancais
- Creative workshops: www.oqlf.gouv.qc.ca/partagetonfrancais/ateliers-creatifs.html
- Reviews of publications: www.oqlf.gouv.qc.ca/partagetonfrancais/publications.html
- Infographics: www.oqlf.gouv.qc.ca/partagetonfrancais/documents/infographies-partagetonfrancais.pdf
- Ordering posters: www.oqlf.gouv.qc.ca/partagetonfrancais/coût-affiches.html