Communicated - MediaSmarts offers a new online course free for teachers on creating media in classes of kindergarten to 12 studentse year. Teachers can take this interactive course from home, at the time of their choice within the time slots offered.
The course will be offered on the following dates:
- December 14, 2020 to January 22, 2021;
- January 25 to February 19, 2021;
- February 22 to March 19, 2021;
- 1er March to March 26, 2021.
During these times, the course will be available online every day, 24 hours a day, for 4 weeks, and takes a total of 16 hours to complete.
The lesson Media creation throughout the program provides teachers with training and resources on how to integrate digital media production of different types (games, movies, animation, etc.) into their classroom practice.
Teachers learn how media creation can be applied from Kindergarten to Grade 12e grade and be used to assess student learning across subjects.
At the end of the course, teachers will be certified media creation specialists by MediaSmarts.
The self-directed online course provides participants with personalized training and feedback, allowing them to connect with other teachers exploring digital media production, guiding them through discussions of key texts and sample activities , and offering them guidelines for integrating media production into the classroom.
It includes lectures, discussions and readings (offline) and will cover the following objectives:
- foster student creativity;
- seize the opportunities and meet the challenges of using technology to create media;
- use the creation of media to assess student learning;
- integrate media creation into different curriculum subjects.
For more information, the lesson plan is available here.