This content was last updated about 10 years ago.
Some items may be out of date!
Budget measure 50683 allows schools in Quebec to acquire digital teaching resources used for teaching. What are the criteria for this measure? What are the eligible resources? Let's take a closer look.
This measure is part of the larger measure called 50680 “School 2.0: the connected class”. The first part was the acquisition of interactive whiteboards, the second covered the purchase of laptops for teachers and this third part looks at the learning resources that will be used interactively with the students, particularly the interactive whiteboard. .
The allocation for the 2012-2013 school year is $ 5 million, a sum distributed among the school boards according to the number of general education teachers for young people. For the next two years, it should stand at $ 8 million and $ 14.5 million, respectively.
The Ministry of Education, Leisure and Sport (MELS) offers establishments a guide to determining if a resource is eligible. In short, the criteria to be met are as follows:
Legal or ethical dimensions
The resource ...
- is free of advertisements;
- is free from stereotypes and prejudices;
- respects the language of instruction;
- respects copyright.
In general, the resource ...
- constitutes an aid to teaching and learning;
- promotes the application of the Québec school training program by the teacher;
- allows the teacher to support the development of pupils' skills and to enrich their knowledge;
- is written in a quality language;
- stimulates the motivation of the pupils;
- allows the teacher to adapt his teaching practices to the needs of the pupils.
The resource can respond to more than one educational intention.
For example, it can allow the teacher:
- explain and illustrate concepts;
- to support the pupils in solving problems;
- get students to interact with a view to carrying out a collaborative and complex task;
- animate and organize the student's work in class.
Each element is explained in more detail in the document of MELS.
The Seigneurie-des-Mille-Îles School Board offers a very interesting explanatory guide including suggestions resources to acquire. In addition, the RÉCIT site offers a question / answer formula that groups together the most common questions regarding the choice of resources.