On April 20, Apple Education launched a series of videos Led by a team of leadership and learning specialists to help educators use Apple products to facilitate distance learning.
Continuously enriched, this collection of video clips, presented in English with French subtitles, demonstrates how to take advantage of the built-in features of Apple products as well as native applications wherever learning takes place. Currently, three videos are made available and a fourth will be tabled shortly. The themes proposed there to support teachers and their students in distance learning are therefore: "Creation of captivating videos with clips", "Creation and sharing of presentations and demonstrations", "Preparation of resources for learning remote ”and“ Remote communication and collaboration ”.
Create captivating videos with Clips
Halfway between Snapchat and iMovie, Clips offers to capture, edit and share short videos. They can be annotated with text, stickers or emojis. This capsule will therefore equip teachers in the use of Clips for educational purposes by demonstrating how to introduce a notion or a concept to create an educational video, but also how the students themselves can make short films to report on their learning. .
Lines of questioning to guide your educational intentions through the design of a video capsule:
- what topics could you cover that lend themselves well to the format of a video capsule;
- which concepts are more abstract or difficult to understand and could be the subject of a video capsule;
- what concepts would be interesting to integrate into a video capsule to give students the opportunity to learn at their own pace and at the desired time?
Creation and sharing of presentations and demonstrations
In a distance education context, it is relevant to provide dynamic presentations to students and to present information in a lively way. To do this, this video will guide teachers to make the most of iPad's built-in features and thus create tutorials or educational videos without the hassle. For example, you'll learn how to record your iPad screen as well as your voice to create effective tutorials or turn a Keynote presentation into a narrated instructional video.
Suggestions for planning the development of a tutorial or presentation:
- Write a verbatim for instructions and explanations. This serves as a reminder during filming and avoids repetitions.
- Shorten the duration of the capsules. We try to aim for between 5 and 10 minutes maximum and count on several small capsules for a complex subject requiring more time.
- Think about the style to recommend when capturing:
- screen capture with voice over (the most common);
- the “arm in front of the whiteboard” method which consists of placing the camera vertically over a whiteboard laid flat on a table and writing the content on it by hand while it films;
- film yourself, in an American shot, in front of a blackboard on which the important concepts are already written;
- create an animated video to energize and popularize content.
Preparing resources for distance learning
This video helps teachers prepare for distance learning with an iPad. It presents ways to access educational resources and find interesting educational applications. In addition, teachers can see, through this capsule, how to take advantage of iPad's built-in functionalities to scan documents, facilitate the organization of files, annotate student work, use the dictaphone to give feedback, use Siri to record notes and much more ...
- To access a daily list of apps from the App Store that facilitate distance learning and teaching, meet here.
- To access a collection of teacher's guides that invites creativity in each discipline and enables the development of digital competence through native Apple applications, it's right here.
Remote communication and collaboration
When teachers and learners are not in the same room, it is essential that communication strategies are put in place so that the learning process and collaboration between colleagues continues. In this video, you'll see how tools like Pages, Numbers, Keynote, FaceTime, and Messages will help you stay in touch with, collaborate with, and mentor your students from a distance.
You can access here to all of the distance learning capsules produced by Apple Education.
In addition, Carrefour education offers you its list of applications for making video editing.