École branchée is happy to be part of the photo competition I like #MonHeritage of the Journées de la Culture, which will take place on September 29 on Twitter and Instagram.
High school teachers, get ready!
On Friday, September 29, students from across Quebec will be invited to celebrate the richness of our heritage on social media. A great artistic movement could take your school by storm and kick off the Journées de la culture!
A five-step project
- Organize a large class discussion on the notion of heritage;
- Ask the young people to choose an element of their heritage that is dear to them: place or building, object, work, landscape, character, traditional practice, etc.
- Invite them to take a picture of it;
- Have them compose a short literary text (less than 125 characters);
- On Friday, September 29, publish photos and texts, accompanied by the hashtag #MonPatefeuille, on the account Twitter or class Instagram *.
Encourage young people to let their creativity run free!
Integrated into the Journées de la culture site, all of these creations can be seen, read and shared throughout Quebec.
Artists join the movement!
To inspire students and nourish exchanges, artists will be invited to share their own compositions on social media.
Resources to help you
An instruction kit and a teaching guide including additional activities related to heritage to be carried out in class will be provided to you at the start of the school year.
* You will also find the publications of the participating artists and the instructions for creating Twitter and Instagram accounts for your class.