Here are your #Ébrèves. Feel free to share them or write me if you have news to share.
In this edition: the ChallengeU company recognized for its social impact, Duolingo will help you learn math, create a board game in the classroom, virtual reality and augmented reality resources, the La Notif podcast on the place of failure in pedagogy, Academos has a back-to-school contest, and much more!
Please note that the use of animated GIFs in this news digest is for entertainment purposes only.
Quebec-based ChallengeU ranked in the Best for the Wordl 2022
ChallengeU, which provides a distance learning solution for school dropouts, was recognized as one of the B Corp Best for the World™ 2022 in the Customer Impact category.
ChallengeU has been identified as one of the companies that adds the most value by providing essential education services for its users and by being ethical in privacy, security, and marketing. ChallengeU's commitment to its users is to provide free educational services to a vulnerable clientele and make them accessible to as many hang-ups as possible by continuing to expand its educational offerings.
Duolingo Math is born!
The fun language learning app now has a companion app that helps improve math skills: Duolingo Math. This novelty marks the company's first step outside of the language path. For now, the app offers a course designed for elementary school children as well as a component aimed at people aged 13 and up. Duolingo has makes the announcement at the end of August at its annual event.
Digital Education Day - November 4
The fourth edition of the Digital Day in Education will be held on November 4. This free event, which will take place in person and virtually, is primarily intended for teachers, educational consultants and managers of public and private networks, as well as those of Aboriginal organizations in education. The program will be available in the coming weeks.
News from RÉCIT in bulk
- Last June, during the RÉCIT review, many of them shared, in a DigipadThis Digipad is available to everyone. This Digipad is available to all. Please feel free to consult it, comment on it and be inspired for the coming year.
- Create a board game in history is a project that develops design thinking because students must, among other things, develop the concept for a game and develop a prototype. The addition of the Creative Lab to the project allows students to push the boundaries of their creativity by creating a unique final product with 3D modeling and printing of parts, laser cutting and physical construction of wooden parts (Outline for the creation of a serious game and Guide to planning a serious game accessible to all).
- Two new RÉCIT national service items from the arts field:
Your journey, your recipe!
Academos is marking the start of the school year with its "Your path, your recipe!" campaign, which aims to reduce the anxiety that young people feel about their career choices. On the menu, a mix of workshops (possibility of reaching the COSP requirements), podcasts and even a contest!
You have until September 16 to participate by booking a virtual workshop for your students. This way, you have a chance to win some great equipment for your return to class!
Resources to discover in bulk
- A compilation of all the examples of projects, interventions, tutorials and articles on augmented reality and virtual reality of our Belgian collaborator, Laurent Di Pasquale. (re)Read our article "I made two virtual reality films against bullying with my students"which presents one of these projects.
- And while we're at it, we present the new podcast of our friend Laurent : The Notif about digital in pedagogy. What first episode with Bruno Humbeeck on the place of error in pedagogy.
- Genially offers a teacher's kit to answer the question: How and why use Genially in the classroom?
- This database presents tools that require no account creation or login to use. This may come in handy when giving a training session to go quickly and avoid login problems. Bookmark this!
- Laura Marquié and Karine Pilotte are vice-principals in Francophone high schools in Manitoba. They have just published the book Today's Leaders for Tomorrow's School - 10 Must-Have Topics to Improve Your Skills. We have our copy and will be back to you shortly, but you can also get yours.
Valuing the Teaching Profession - ESF-QHC Unveils Teacher's Life
The Federation of Teachers' Unions (FSE-CSQ) has just announced the broadcast of a series of humorous video vignettes on the daily lives of Quebec teachers, entitled Vie de Prof.
Written and scripted by comedian, actor and host Pierre Hébert, the Vie de Prof series will be broadcast on the Facebook page of the campaign to promote the teaching profession Teacher, my pride! in the coming months. The first episodes of the series are also available on the platform ICI TOU.TV.
Reminder : Current registration : Program Budding voters
A provincial election will be held in Quebec on October 3. This is the perfect time to register your school for Elections Québec's Voters in the Making program. You have until September 16 to register in order to carry out an electoral simulation and introduce your students to the right to vote.
In closing, the 5 digital tips for back to school.
If you want even more, you can (re)see last week's #Édubrèves.