This content was last updated about 8 years ago.
Some items may be out of date!
On May 2, the Quebec Association of Elementary Teachers (AQEP) invites interested people to participate in a day of training in children's literature specially designed for elementary teachers, all cycles combined.
“In recent years, the AQEP has been promoting education based on children's literature, with, among others, the Jacinthe prizes, the Florilèges / AQEP prizes, literary chronicles and special reports on the reading of the magazine Vivre le primary. The idea of bringing together dynamic and inspiring resources in the field of children's books has now been realized. »It is in these terms that the association explains this novelty. on his website.
Twelve speakers will explain their vision of children's literature and its teaching, in addition to sharing their favorites. Also, about fifteen literary tables will inform participants of the free services that their bookstore, their publishing house or their organization offers in the community.
Thus, illustration, album without text, humor, theater, oral communication, writing situation, media literacy and character are some of the themes addressed in the workshops. We can consult the full program here.
The cost is 60 $ for AQEP members and 90 $ for non-members, including dinner with authors. Everything will take place at the Laval campus of the University of Montreal. We register online here.
Schedule of the day
- 8 a.m. - 9 a.m .: Welcome and visit to the literary tables
- 9 a.m. - 10 a.m .: First block of workshops (Consult the workshops >>)
- 10 a.m. - 10:45 a.m .: Health break / literary tables
- 10:45 a.m. - 12 p.m .: Second block of workshops (Consult the workshops >>)
- 12 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.: FouLire dinner (included in the registration fee)
- 1:15 p.m. - 2:30 p.m .: Third block of workshops (Consult the workshops >>)
- 2:30 p.m. - 3 p.m .: Health break / literary tables
- 3 p.m. - 4:15 p.m .: Fourth block of workshops (with local authors)