The École branchée received a service suggestion to be discovered directly by its creators. Here is a press release in which they present the findings and the process that led to the development of Profhelper:
We are pleased to announce the launch of Profhelper, a platform dedicated to professors in order to help them in their administrative tasks.
The idea for Profhelper was born following discussions with fellow professors, at the end of which we drew two observations:
- Children are seduced by screens (computers, tablets) and the occasional use of new technologies can be interesting (during practical work for example). However, the widespread idea of using it more and more to supplement or replace the teacher is doomed to failure and could even prove to be counterproductive. The transmission of knowledge is only effective when it arises from human interaction, in particular between a teacher and his pupil;
- Teachers are entrusted with more and more information feedback even though the tools made available to them are little or not adapted. The time spent on administrative tasks is increasing.
We then reflected on the strategies with which we could help teachers so that they could concentrate as much as possible on their profession: teaching.
We have designed Profhelper to support teachers at key times of the school year:
- at the start of the school year to create the class plans;
- during the trimester, with skills management and assessment;
- before the class council or parent / teacher meeting, with the presentation of personalized student reports.
Do not hesitate to test Profhelper, the first month is free. We are open to your feedback and ideas: Profhelper will evolve based on what you tell us.
Profhelper is aimed particularly at secondary school teachers (middle school, high school). Profhelper's publishing company, Nerzanor, was founded in Vannes, France.
For more info, visit directly the Profhelper platform.