You have put in place an initiative or project at your institution that, through its implementation and concrete impact, mobilizes and raises awareness among students onpay equity, of labour standards and of health and safety within the organization? The category Education of the CNESST's Grands Prix contest is for you!
To inspire you, here are some examples of projects that could be submitted to the competition:
- Formation of a brigade of students dedicated to conflict resolution in the educational institution;
- Implement a reward system to encourage good behavior (civility, fairness and respect);
- Set up lunchtime discussion tables where students can ask questions about their employment rights and obligations, for example, in anticipation of their upcoming entry into the workforce;
- Promotion of pay equity in the school (posters, events, conferences, etc.)
- Organized a series of lectures on pay equity for students;
- Establishment of a health and safety committee made up of staff members, management members and students;
- Creation of tools for health and safety awareness by students, accompanied by their teacher.
The purpose of these awards is to recognize the joint efforts of faculty, administrators and students who stand out for their commitment and concern for transmitting knowledge in the areas of pay equity, labour standards and occupational health and safety.
How and when to submit an application?
Members of the teaching staff or management of a public or private institution at the primary, secondary, college (pre-university and technical), university and vocational training levels may submit a nomination in the Education category of the CNESST Grands Prix.
School boards, school service centers and band councils may also submit an initiative or project, as well as groups from the education community (e.g., communities of practice, working committees, teacher groups).
Deadline to apply: May 20, 2022
The finalists and winners will be chosen by a national jury composed of representatives from the education community, employers, workers, experts and CNESST partners. The winners will be announced next fall at a special virtual event.
Visit the CNESST Grand Prize web page to submit an application, to know all the admission criteria and to discover the other categories of the competition!
All efforts in labour standards, pay equity or occupational health and safety deserve to be highlighted!