This is the subject of the debateOpenTélé broadcast, which will be broadcast live this Thursday, 8 p.m., on MaTV, then made available online.
“Implemented in Quebec schools in the early 2000s, the school reform, also called educational renewal, aimed to enhance the knowledge and skills of young people and promote their success. However, a vast study commissioned by the Ministry of Education reveals that the reform failed to achieve its main objectives. Worse: it would have harmed the boys. "
Here is the beginning of the subject which will be debated this Thursday, with the moderator Mathieu Bock-Côté and his guests:
– Tania Longpre, author of School peril - The ten evils of education in Quebec
– Simon larose, director of the Laval University secondary education renewal evaluation project
– Sylvain Mallette, president of the AWF
– Mario asselin, blogger and former school principal
– Joelle Quérin, sociologist
– Marc-André Girard, author of the book Change in Quebec schools
– David Lefrançois, professor at UQO and associate researcher at the Center for Interuniversity Research on Training and the Teaching Profession (CRIFPE)
– Marc-André Lalande, educational advisor, HEC Montréal.
The public is invited to interact on social media, on Twitter via the hashtag #opentele or on the page Facebook of the show. She is also the editor-in-chief of L'École branchée, Audrey Miller, who will be the guest “twiver”.
Live: Thursday March 5, 2015 8:00 PM
Friday March 6, 2015 01:00
Friday March 6, 2015 2:00 PM
Saturday March 7, 2015 01:00
Sunday March 8, 2015 6:00 PM
Monday 9 March 2015 00:00
OPEN TV is a televised discussion forum. The themes are inspired by current events or popular events and are addressed by opinion leaders and experts.