Confidentiality and security of personal information
At École branchée, we take the privacy of your personal information seriously and are committed to respecting the confidentiality of the information we collect. We will use all reasonable efforts to protect it (the term personal data is defined below).
If you do not agree to these terms, then we urge you not to access, browse or register on this site. If you choose not to provide us with certain information that is necessary for us to provide our services to you, you will not be able to open a user account.
Collection of personal data
The personal data concerning you and collected by the ecolebranchee.com site belong to you. This data is protected and not disseminated, in accordance with Quebec law.
We may obtain personal data from you when you save it on our site or, as the case may be, by otherwise transmitting personal information, in particular by creating a user account and choosing a password, by logging in by as a registered user of the site, by launching a product search, placing an order, providing information in your account, contacting us by phone, email or otherwise, or filling out a form to participate in a contest, promotion or survey.
As a registered visitor (following a transaction), we collect the following information:
- Last name
- First name
- Country and province
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Educational institution or organization (optional)
- Billing address
- Delivery address (if applicable)
- Payment information
Our sites and services are designed for use by adults only, as understood in the Province of Quebec. École branchée does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
These data are used to ensure the delivery of the services offered by the site: confirmation of purchase and registration, continuing education activities, sending information proactively, etc. We are committed to ensuring that this data will not be disseminated to third parties or marketed without your explicit consent.
They can also be used to communicate about the products and services offered by L'École branchée, or to send you electronic messages about site maintenance or updates.
We will share the information collected with third parties as follows:
- With service providers or contractors who perform certain tasks on our behalf. This includes the information you send to us as well as any transaction through the operation of this site.
- With other visitors to the site, as long as you submit comments or other information or content to an area of the site designed for communications with the public (for example, comments under news articles). If you submit your contributions to us in non-public areas, we will post them anonymously, except with your explicit permission.
- For the integration of third-party services. For example, videos and other content may be hosted on YouTube and Vimeo or other sites not controlled by L'École branchée.
- In addition, we may share information, which does not identify you personally, with the public and with third parties, including, for example, researchers and partners. An example is the compilation of statistics.
For more information on the protection of your personal information and your related rights, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or the Commission for the Protection of Privacy of Quebec.
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada www.privcom.gc.ca
- Quebec Information Access Commission cai.gouv.qc.ca
Usage data is data collected by the ecolebranchee.com domain and its subdomains and relates to the uses of the site's services. This is raw data, completely anonymized, used to produce statistics on the use of the site's services and whose analysis makes it possible to improve the services and functionalities of the site.
We collect information when you create a user account, subscribe to one of our products or benefit from one of our services.
We also record information indicating, among other things, which pages of our site have been visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited and what links and other user interface controls have been. used. We may record the IP address, operating system and browser used by each user of the site. Various tools are used to collect this information.
Usage data can be used:
- To enable us to provide, administer and improve our product and service offering.
- To help us personalize the experience and assess the accessibility and impact of L'École branchée in the international French-speaking educational community.
- For scientific research purposes, in particular in the fields of educational sciences.
- To monitor attendance, both individual and global.
- To publish information, but not personal data, collected by ecolebranchee.com on the access, use, impact and performance of products and services.
- To archive this information and / or use it for future communications with you.
- In order to maintain and improve the operation and security of the site and our software, systems and networks.
Your information is also collected through the interaction that may be established between you and our site and may be used for the following purposes:
- Analytics and statistics (Google Analytics, Facebook pixel, WordPress statistics)
- Customer contact (Google or WordPress contact form, emails (GMail))
- Email exchanges (Mailchimp, Sendinblue and SendGrid)
- Electronic payment (PayPal and Stripe)
We collect certain information during exchanges between your computer and our server. Cookies (Cookies) allow you to connect to our services.
You have the right to access, withdraw and modify personal data communicated through the Cookies. All you need to do is send L'École branchée an email via the Contact us section.
The ecolebranchee.com site may provide access to links to other sites published by other content providers. These other sites are not under our control, and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each site you visit and use.
Usernames and Comments
Comments and other information that you post in our forums, messengers, or other areas of the site designed for public communications, may be viewed and downloaded by other visitors to the site. For this reason, we encourage you to use your discretion before posting any information that could be used to identify you on these forums or other public places.
Hosting, storage and security
The personal information we collect is kept in a secure environment. We have adopted appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality of personal information and protect it against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, communication, reproduction, use or modification, taking into account, in particular, their sensitivity and the purposes for which they are used.
However, as no mechanism offers maximum security, there is always some risk involved when using the Internet to transmit personal information. If a password is used to protect your account and your personal information, it is your responsibility to keep it confidential.
Right of access, withdrawal and rectification of personal data
In accordance with the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information (CQLR c. A-2.1) and the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector (CQLR c. P-39.1), you have the right to access, withdraw and modify the personal data communicated. All you need to do is send L'École branchée an email, via the Contact us section. We make every effort to respond to these requests within a reasonable time.
The right of withdrawal is understood as the possibility offered to Internet users to request that their personal information no longer appear, for example, in a mailing list.
You also have the right to request access to the personal information we have collected about you and to correct it if necessary.
The École branchée complies with the requirements of the Canadian Anti-Spam Law (CASL).
Modification of this policy
École branchée reserves the right to modify or supplement this Policy at any time, at its sole discretion and without notice. It is recommended to consult this page regularly, referring to the date of the last modification indicated at the bottom.
If you object to any modification to this Policy, please cease all use of the site.
Last updated: May 19, 2021.